Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Just Another Day...

Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Raheem

or is it?  =) Whilst waiting for dinner to finish, I managed to finish memorizing Al-Asr!  Alhamdulilah!!!  I don't know why I took so long to begin doing this but am ever so thankful to those that have came into my life and made an impact of some kind to push me in the right direction. May Allah (swt) Reward them immensely!
Insha'Allah will begin today on Surah 109: Al-Kafirun (The Disbelievers).  Being one of the four Quls, you would think I would memorize it but better late than never insha'Allah!  Some info about this Surah:  Like many of the shorter surahs, the Surah of the Unbelievers takes the form of an invocation, telling the reader something they must ask for or say aloud.  Here, the passage asks one to keep in mind teh separation between belief and unbelief both in the past and the present, ending with the often cited line "To you your religion, and to me mine".

Bismillahir-Rahmani-Raheem
Qul ya ayyuhal-Kafiroun
La a-budu ma ta'-bu-doun
wa la antum abidouna ma a-bud
wa la ana abidum-ma abadttum
wa la antum abiduna ma a-bud
lakum deenukum wa li-ya deen

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
Say: "O Al=Kafiroun (disbelievers in Allah, in His Oneness, in His Angels, in His Books, in His Messengers, in the Day of Resurrection, and in Al-Qadar, etc)!  I worship not that which you worship, Nor will you worship that which I worship.  And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping. Nor will you worship that which I worship.  To you be your religion, and to me my religion (Islamic Monotheism)."






No comments:

Post a Comment